We all see the name at the top of the weekly winners sheet but lets find out some more from them – Weekly winner Darren Stewart answers a few questions…
|Name: Darren Stewart
Handicap before: 16.5
Handicap after: 11.8
At what point during your round did you think you were going to have a good score?
• Never! The trademark collapse always loomed large.
Did you get nervous at all?
• Not really – I’m well used to collapsing by now.
Best shot of the round was?
• They were all great shots given the scale of the hangover!
Any bad shots?
• One or two – Rattling straight into the 6th tee safety mesh from the Par 3 14th springs to mind.
How long are you a member of Bangor Golf Club?
• 1 year, almost to the day.
What is your favourite hole on the course and why?
• I’d have to say the 18th – it’s always the closest hole to the 19th!
What is your favourite course ever played?
• Hamilton Island GC, Whitsunday Islands, Queensland. Fantastic part of the world.
What one course do you want to play at?
• Possibly Pebble Beach. That may change about 3 holes in though….
Your favourite club in your bag is?
• At the minute my Ping Glide Wedges, although that’s not to say the very same clubs won’t be on eBay next week!
Have you ever had a hole in one?
• Yes, several on the Xbox. Oh, in real life you mean? Then no.
Favourite professional golfer and why?
• Probably Pablo Larrazabal at the minute – you have to respect a man who gets chased down into a lake by hornets and goes on to birdie the hole – now that’s impressive!
Your ideal 4 ball?
• Quite happy with my current 4 ball – good bunch of lads! I’d have to say though playing with Bill Murray, Stevie Gerrard and our Rors would be some craic. I’d have Frostbit Boy (GRRRR…) caddying of course.